We’ve complied 5 tips so that you can sell your San Diego home for top dollar. These are just recommendation but if you are willing to do a little bit extra you will reap the rewards.
Today I’m going to be speaking about five easy things you can do to get top dollar for your San Diego home.
- Pressure wash your home to remove built-up dirt and grime. I wouldn’t recommend repainting unless you have some serious paint damage. However, I think going to Home Depot and paying the $70 to rent a pressure washer for the day would be well worth your money. A clean exterior is an important part of a first impression on a buyer.
- Fresh interior paint always makes a huge difference. I don’t recommend everyone repaint their home, but if you have a color scheme that features five or six different hues, I’d recommend making it more uniform. The best colors are neutral colors, like earth tones, but darker colors may make a room feel a lot smaller, so go for bright and light colors.
- Cleaning your carpets or installing new carpeting is always a good idea. If you have pets, you’ll need professional carpet cleaning at the very least. Buyers always notice the condition of the carpets right when they enter a home. If you need a referral for a great company in San Diego, please ask us. We know a wholesaler that does a fantastic job and we can also pass along some savings.
- Turn on the lights! This sounds really obvious, but you want your buyers to see the interior of the home. Using high wattage light bulbs often brightens up a room, but I’d also recommend removing drapes and curtains during the showing period.
- Remove pet-related items. No potential buyer wants to see a litter box or smell your pets when they enter a home. Nothing kills a sale faster than smells or unsightly stains left by pets. Do your best to remove any and all odors or stains so that it looks like you never had a cat or dog in the house in the first place.
If you want to learn more about what it takes to make your home shine, please contact my team and we would be very glad to help you out. As always, consider us your #1 resource for real estate in San Diego.